Frequently Asked Questions

Answers to some of our most common questions.

What is the New York Chiropractic Political Action Committee (NYCPAC)?

NYCPAC is a political action committee and is intended to help elect state legislators who support the chiropractic profession.  Organized medicine, managed care organizations and other anti-chiropractic forces continue to spend thousands of dollars each year to elect candidates that do not value the chiropractic profession and are impervious to reasoned argument.  NYCPAC provides us with a great opportunity to support candidates and legislators who understand the issues facing the chiropractic profession and support efforts to bolster the profession and patient access. 

What is a Political Action Committee (PAC)?

A PAC is an independent organization created to raise and spend funds for candidates seeking elective office.

Why do I have to give personal information?

The New York State Board of Elections has certain reporting requirements.    We need information from you in order to make an accurate filing.  The information you provide will be shared only with the New York State Board of Elections.

What is my contribution limit?

Voluntary contributions by individuals are unlimited.  However, the annual donation limit for a corporationLLC, or PLLC is $5,000 in a calendar year to all sources. Each affiliated or subsidiary corporation, if a separate legal entity, has its own contribution limit. For more information on contribution limits in New York, please visit the New York State Board of Elections website at


Is my political contribution tax deductible?

No.  Contributions to the NYCPAC are not tax deductible for state or federal tax purposes.

Who can give a political contribution?

Anyone who is over the age of 18 and is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States can make a political contribution.

Can I make a political contribution in someone else's name?

No.  Contributions can only be made in the name of the person who is giving the money.

    Can my employer reimburse me for any contributions?

    No.  PAC contributions cannot be reimbursed by an employer or by any other person.