Home     E-Mail us     Frequently Asked Questions


Frequently Asked Questions

  • What is the New York Chiropractic Political Action Committee (NYCPAC)?

NYCPAC is a political action committee and is intended to help elect state legislators who are willing to analyze health care treatment and financing issues on the merits.  Organized medicine, managed care organizations and other anti-chiropractic forces continue to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars each year to elect candidates that do not value the chiropractic profession and are impervious to reasoned argument.  NYCPAC provides us with a great opportunity to support candidates and legislators willing to study the issues independent of preconceived notions. 

  • What is a Political Action Committee (PAC)?    

A PAC is an independent organization created to raise funds for candidates seeking elective office who share common ideals and goals with members of the PAC.

  • Why do I have to give personal information?  

The New York State Board of Elections has certain reporting requirements.    We need information from you in order to make an accurate filing.  The information you provide will be shared only with the New York State Board of Elections.

  • What is my contribution limit?  

Voluntary contributions by individuals are subject to a contribution limit of $150,000 during a calendar year to all sources and $84,400 to a political action committee. The annual donation limit for a corporation is $5,000 in a calendar year to all sources. Each affiliated or subsidiary corporation, if a separate legal entity, has its own contribution limit. For more information on contribution limits in New York, please visit the New York State Board of Elections website at http://www.elections.ny.gov.

  • Is my political contribution tax deductible?  

No.  Contributions to the NYCPAC are not tax deductible for state or federal tax purposes.

  • Who can give a political contribution?  

Anyone who is over the age of 18 and is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States can make a political contribution.

  • Can I make a political contribution in someone else's name?  

No.  Contributions can only be made in the name of the person who is giving the money.

  • Can my employer reimburse me for any contributions?  

No.  PAC contributions cannot be reimbursed by an employer or by any other person.


To Be Announced

Meeting time and location to be announced.


New York State Governor's Office

New York State Senate

New York State Assembly

New York State Board of Elections

NYS Senate/Legislative Bills

Laws of New York State

NYS Government Information

The White House

United States Library of Congress

US House of Representatives

United States Senate


Request Info






PO Box 440
Chester, NY 10918
845.459.2667 P
518.312.4249 F
[email protected]

If you have any questions about the technical side of the website, please contact our website manager
Copyright 2008, NYCPAC.net, All Rights Reserved | Terms of Use